Friday, July 25, 2014

BEAUTIFUL SKIN

I borrowed the following information to share from themamasgirls.com.  I hope they don't mind.

When our skin gets dry and dull, it is aging. That’s when our wrinkles begin to show. The best way to brighten up your face and make it soft and smooth is to use a gentle exfoliant. It gets rid of the dead skin cells that dull our skin. For years, I have been using baking soda as a natural facial exfoliant.  It is gentle and can be used daily. Every day, it feels like you have just had a micro-dermabrasion procedure!  There may be some who say that the pH is not right for our skin, but if you follow the exfoliation with a cleanser, it washes it away.  HERE is the recommendation by Arm & Hammer.

Just mix a bit of baking soda in the palm of your hand and with wet fingers, create a paste. Massage it onto your face (avoiding the eye area.) Rinse.

Following the gentle exfoliation with baking soda, I use  Johnson’s Baby Wash every day.

When I was in college, my roommate used baby shampoo as an eye makeup remover. I thought she was onto a great idea. The “No More Tears” formula made it good to use around the eye area. (Be aware that direct contact in the eyes could still be irritating.) So, I started using it myself. I have used it most of my adult life since I always had it around when my kids were little.

Later, after my kids were beyond the “baby” stage, they came out with what are known as Baby Washes. They are a thinner consistency and are used as a shampoo/body wash for babies. I now use THIS every day instead of baby shampoo. It is probably the most gentle cleanser out there. (It’s gentle enough for a newborn baby’s skin!) The funny thing is, my husband, who is a big 6’ 4” guy now uses baby wash on his face every day.  He used it once when he ran out of his “manly scented” body wash! Now, when our pump bottle in the shower is getting low, he says: “we need more baby scrub!”

Try this! (As always, with any new beauty product, test it out and discontinue use if you have any irritation.)

baking soda johnsons baby wash facial scrub
DIY SKIN CARE FACIAL SCRUB

No comments:

Post a Comment